Friday, August 29, 2008

USU HiP hOp CrEw!

So on Wednesday I saw a poster that said hip hop dance crew tryouts, I thought to myself Crazylegz (that is what I call myself) you should try out for that cause you love to dance. As I continued to walk to class I quickly convinced myself that it was a stupid idea to try out since I wasn't even that good! Later that day my friend Lacey Buttars told me that she was trying out for fun and that I should go with her! I thought about it all day and right around 5 o'clock I decided I would at least go check it out(tryouts started at 5:30). I was super nervous not knowing exactly what to expect but as the director (Krissy) introduced herself I knew this was going to be fun! They started out by teaching us a dance pretty quick to see if we could catch on. After running it a few times they broke us up into groups of 6 ( there was about 40 people who tried out) and had our groups come in and perform it. After all the groups went they brought us all in and said they were making a first cut! I thought for sure that I was going to get cut because there were so many talented dancers in there! But as luck would have it I made it past first cut's!!! Next they taught us another routine and did the same breaking us into groups and having us perform. After all the routines were done they turned on some music and said, ok form a circle and they called each number into the middle to dance one at a time. As soon as the freestyle was done I was feeling pretty confident. They kicked us all out so they could deliberate and finally after 10 mins called us back in! Krissy thanked us all and said she would read the numbers that had made the team. Once she started I was nervous and as she neared the 30's I was even more nervous but then sure enough and to my surprise she called 35!!!! Which was my number and I was soo stoked! I signed on for a year contract and I can get school credit too, there were about 15 who made the team! My first performance is tomorrow and we are a school dance team so we will perform at basketball games and all that good stuff! This is already super long so im out PEACE!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Kay Dawg...
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I'm so STOKED for you! I always knew you were good enough for stuff like that! I can't even believe you were thinkin' of not trying out! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! Anyway, now I'm for sure dying to come up to a game or somethin so I can watch ya! :) CONGRATS Kay! I love ya and miss your dancin' lil guts...but it's good to hear you're doing awesome USU style! :)
PS. Did Lace make it, or did she get cut?

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

kay dawg! I love it! I am so happy youre on the team! let me know when you perform so I can come watch!!!!

Ericka said...

Kay-to-the-lee! love this post. we want to hear about your performances, and your roommates, and what else is new!? don't leave us hanging :) miss you a lot!