Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 11th Saturday

Today we woke up at 5:30 which was not fun! Breakfast was at 6 and the train left at 6:58. We then got on a bus in Martigny and drove up to the Valaisan Alps. Then walked to the Alpine pasture "Combat of the Queens" natural arena. We went on the side of this hill to the outside of the twine that made a large arena on the hill. Then the brought out the cows. The cows have been locked up all winter long and this is the first time they are taken to pasture. The cows are moody, pregnant, and ready to fight. It was freezing there and poeple weren't dressed as well as they should have been. We stood around for an hour then Kaitlyn and I decided to walk around take some pictures and get warm. At about 11:20 we were standing by some of the group watching two cows fight. All of sudden they broke through the little string that made there arena. We all backed away thinking I was out of the way, when all of a sudden one of the cows headed straight for me. I back peddled for a while when I realized I needed to get out of the way. So as it's head and horn hit my side I dove out of the way and landed hard on my elbow. I immediately jumped up and ran away so I didn't get hit again! I came back to the group and everyone was thinking it was awesome and scary at the same time:) Luckily Russell one of the boys got it all on film. After making sure I was ok. We all walked down to where Dominique was BBQing. After lunch Angela, Kaitlyn, the dogs and I went for a little hike in the mountains! It was absolutely beautiful. It was time to head back to Leysin so Bob said we could either wait where we were for 3 hours or we could start walking and meet the bus. We decided to walk. We walked for about 35 minutes and reached the town, Bob said we could sit or walk another hour and make it to the next bus stop. So a small group of us including Bob and Angela and Kaitlyn took off down the mountain. We kept a brisk pace and enjoyed the scenery. However stop after stop we came too was not the correct stop. So after 1 hour and 30 mins of walking and only 13 mins to make it to stop we didn't know where it was Bob found a person to ask for directions. She told us it was a 10 minute jog. So off we went running to get to the next stop. We finally made it and 2 minutes later the bus came! Dinner was gross tonight fondue that was not good with bread. After dinner, Angela came to my room and brought me ice for my elbow and called her husband because he is a PA. She told him what happened and after he laughed for an hour. He finally asked me some questions and we ruled it out being broken. Then we had a meeting for school. After we watched some educational films, and welcomed Craig Jessop who is our dean. Big things are going down it is exciting!

No comments: