Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 6th Monday

Today was basically riding on a train all day long. We got on our first train at 7:48 am and didn't get to our destination until 12:45 that also includes all the connections. Then we had lunch and took a small walk in the city of Dornach to Goetheanum. Which is basically a centre for Rudolf Steiner's memeber's of his movement Anthroposophicology. This building was constructed in 1924. I felt like I was in the movie Willy Wonka the entire time I was in the building. The walls, ceiling, lines, decorations, windows were crazy Alice in Wonderland feel. I really enjoyed our tour though. Basically our tour guide said that Steiner gave the world many things but his 3 basic principles were 1st: Creating spirituality on an everyday basis not just on Sundays (which I completely agree with). 2nd: is a balance between R-thinking and L-thinking or Art and Science which is what we have been studying in Switzerland. 3rd: Was a process of re-incarnation. Which was also very interesting. Our tour guide also talked about Eurtheymy which is like a dance tai - chi/ yoga thing. It helps to heal your body, it reminded me of my Aunt Teri she is a massage theripist. One of the advisors Angela and I had a amazing convo on the train ride back about everything we felt and thought and learned. I really enjoy Angela as a person and Advisor sometimes I look at her and see myself in 5 years. She is 28 and has accomplished a lot and we have similar ideals. Overall it was a good day besides the 8 hour train rides:)

No comments: