Monday, June 13, 2011

June 7th Tuesday

Today we began our journey to Fribourg, where we were able to walk around the most beautiful little towns. All I could keep thinking was that I felt like I was in A Knight's Tale. We stopped at some water fountains and looked at Heraldic Symbols and talked about design, and how these were basically the first logos. Then we hiked to the top of a hill and took off our shoes as we began our pilgermage on St. James Way to the St. Nicolas Cathedral. The walk with no shoes was very interesting it made me really think about sacrifice. I pondered the many people who make modern day pilgramege's and why they do it. Then inside the Cathedral we sat for a moment and I was able to meditate and listen to the organ being played. After that Lori, Kaitlyn and I walked up 368 steps to reach the top tower of the cathedral. It took forever but it was worth it!! You could see the entire city! We took pictures and played around then walked the 368 steps back down which made me slightly sick:) Then we walked to the local Art and History Museum which was amazing. Everything in there was from the 1500's to the 1700's. Then we decided to make a stop at H & M which was not such a great idea because we almost got left, because we almost missed the train!! Then dinner, cards, ukelee and bed!!

No comments: