Thursday, September 2, 2010

School SCHOOL, WEBSITES

So I know it has been forever since I have updated this thing, but time just fly's! Anyways I will now mostly be using this thing for my School assignments we are suppose to keep a blog about our assignments or things we create. It should be a good time. And for all those that are thinking you want to know about my life well Graphic Design really is my life right now:) So Welcome.

Assignment 1: Site Critique

www.vooray.com
www.notcot.org/

NotCot

I absolutely love this website. I work at Sign Pro as a Graphic Designer and on my Mac this is the home page for the internet! I love the simplicity of the background but how it has a modernistic feel with the diagonal lines. Its mostly a monochromatic site so it lets the main colors of whatever design they are highlighting really shine through. This site is so successful for me because everyday I take a look at what all different designers are doing all over the world, and it inspires me to design something great today. To really step outside my box myself and just design.
The thing that I love about this site is it looks like a bunch of snapshots were taken of the fabulous designs. They have the picture than usually a little description below that tells about the design or what it is used for. Then if you click on the picture it takes you to the site of were the picture is coming from. So you can buy the product or learn more about the designer or design process.
They have all the snap shots the same size so that visually it flows and only do the pictures inside capture your eye and not because one is larger than the other.
I believe that this site doesn't use a ton of bells and whistles or sounds and motion because it really is to just explore what designs are being talked about what people are producing. It could be anything too there are kitchen knifes to staplers to lamps to sculpture and paintings. It is all art and design to this website.
I feel that this site can relate to anyone who is interested in design or art. If you like visually pleasing things then this site is for you.

No comments: